Terms and conditions of use
This Policy governs the manner in which PDQ Online Flooring collects, uses, maintains and discloses information collected from users (each, a “User”) of the www.pdqonlineflooring.co.uk website (“Site”). This policy applies to the Site and all products and services offered by PDQ Online Flooring.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our website or register their details with us, place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, subscribe to the newsletter and, in connection with other activities, the other services, features and resources we make available to use on our website.
Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information (for purchases only). We will only collect personal identification information from Users if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personal identification information, except that it may prevent customers from being able to successfully order products or to get the most out of the website. All collected information is processed in accordance with the laws of UK and is not sold to third parties.
As our customers, we expect all personal information provided at the time of registering to be true, accurate, current and complete in all respects. Customers are not to impersonate any other person or entity or use a false name or name that is not authorised to be used.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with the website. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about how the User connects to the website, such as the operating system, the Internet service providers utilised and other similar information.
We will take all reasonable care to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices of products appearing on the website are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system. Although we aim to keep the website as up to date as possible, the information given, including product descriptions appearing on this website at any particular time, may not always reflect the position exactly at the moment you place an order.
The technical steps required to create a contract between you (the customer) and ourselves (PDQ Online Flooring) following an order are as follows:
- You place an order for the products on the website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will then be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the website, including payment instructions
- We will send out an order confirmation email to you detailing the products that you have ordered. This is not an order acceptance
- We will send you a despatch notification by email when your order is on its way.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch of the product/s ordered, unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled your order
- For most products sent directly from our warehouse, your credit/debit card will be charged when your order is despatched
- If the product is being delivered direct to you from a supplier you may be charged at any point between confirmation of your order and despatch. The exact timing of this will vary according to the supplier and the product you’re ordering.
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- You not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main terms and conditions.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
PDQ Online Flooring collects and uses a User’s personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service and the overall functionality of the website: Customer information helps us to respond effectively to our customer’s service requests and support needs, as well as improve how the website functions based on the feedback that we receive from our customer base.
- To personalise user experience: We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our website.
- To process transactions: We will use the information that Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties, except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To send periodic emails: The email address that Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send a customer information and updates relating to that particular order. We may also use it to respond to other requests or enquiries. If a customer decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will also receive marketing emails from time to time that may include company news, updates, information on special offers or related product or service information. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we will include clear unsubscribe information at the bottom of each email. Alternatively, the customer can contact us directly to request to be removed from the mailing list. Once this request has been made, the customer will no longer receive these marketing communications from us unless they subscribe to the newsletter.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures [again, we just need to check that this is correct]. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards to ensure that the website operates in as secure an environment as possible for the customer.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent a User’s personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information, regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may also use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes, providing the User has given permission for us to do so.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, we would ask that you do not use this website. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of any changes to this policy will signify to us that you accept those changes.
PDQ Online Flooring
Unit G2, KG Business Centre, Kingsfield Way, Northampton NN5 7QS
Telephone: 01604 879888